Thursday, February 9, 2012

This shower better be Awesome


Ever so slowly the tiles are going up. We are looking at completing all the tile and floor work today and grouting it all tomorrow. That means Saturday we will be sealing everything and by Sunday i will be enjoying my brand new shower. ($1600 later) Oh well it was much needed. Now we just have to get rid of that gross, tacky yellow paint and we will be in good shape. So painting the bathroom will probably consume my entire day Sunday. Lucky me.

Now for some poker!!! (I know, this has been looking like a home improvement blog, I promise to stay as much on topic as I can from here on out). This Saturday night I will be participating in my little cousins annual charity poker tournament for his little league baseball team. Last year was the first year i participated and won the whole thing, something around $800, so that was nice. It's basically full of all these parents (who are both loaded with cash and alcohol) playing the type of poker they think they saw on ESPN the night before. Last year I made it heads up with this guy who had to be in his sixties who thought he was hot stuff. All I heard about was how he won a bunch of tournaments and that he has his own poker "room" at home that him and all his buddies play at every week. Anyways... We started out and he had me covered like 3 to 1 in chips. He thought he was in good shape and so did everyone else. 20 minutes later I had the chip lead and he was feeling "tired" (sucks for him). He tried to make a deal with me where we add up first and second place money and split it. I would end up getting around $400. Not a bad score, but i didn't spend the last five hours to not win so I respectfully declined. It didn't last much longer after that. I took him out and hopefully crushed his poker confidence .  So thats what I have to look forward to this weekend. Hopefully I come to class Tuesday being the two-time Irish Baseball Poker Champion (and with a new shower) 

3 comments:

Kenzie Heidelberg said...

Looks like things are going better! Haha

Mae West said...

This looks great

Courtney Landsberger said...

Come do my shower once you finishes this one! Deal?!!?