Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Excuse my Absence

      A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I was going to be completely consumed with school work, and poker, as well as a few other hobbies, would have to take a back seat. I am pleased to say that the large chunk of work that I was dealing with is over. I am an advertising student and our campus ad agency, Central Edge, represented UCO in Shreveport, LA at the end of last week. We were competing in a national advertising competition, and according to most of the spectators, we had the best presentation. Unfortunately the judges did not feel the same way. But, I am extremely proud of our team. I was on the broadcast team and in charge of creating the commercial. In the judges comments they were skeptical of who produced our commercial; implying that it looked to professionally done. A great backhanded compliment, but I would have rather won. 



After producing this commercial I realized that I would much rather be blogging about advertising instead of poker. I cannot consistently find the time to play enough poker to matter at all, but I spend all my time around the world of advertising. So hopefully in the next week or so I will be changing my blog over to an advertising/social media/marketing platform. Doing so will provide me the material to continue blogging long after this class. Think Mashable, but with a more college based view of everything. 




Here is my baby (the commercial) that I have been producing over the last week. The national business was Nissan. 

No comments: